We do love our vegetables here at Marvin’s. And whilst we work hard to get them turned into our epic crisps, it’s always a good idea to balance work and play. So here are some of our favourite vegetable-inspired cocktails for you to make at home 😊
Get your greens inA fresh green cocktail
Cucumber cooler (mocktail)The green mocktail
Bright eyed and bushy tailedA sparkling carroty cocktail
Sparkling carrot (mocktail)A bright orange mocktail
Needing to get your greens in? Why not drink them?!
100ml green juice (pre-bought or homemade)
10ml lemon juice
20ml sugar syrup or agave nectar
Garnish: lemon wheel
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake well
- Strain over ice
- Garnish with the lemon wheel
It's summer (well our British version of one!) So enjoy it fully with this green cucumber cooler.
25ml elderflower cordial
60ml soda (or sparkling) water
Juice from ½ a lime
handful mint leaves
Garnish: mint sprig and cucumber skin roll
- Remove the skins from the cucumber using a peeler, roll them into spirals
- Chop up the rest of the cucumber and the mint leaves, then mash up using a fork, masher or blender
- Tip the pulp over a fine sieve so the cucumber juice is extracted
- Pour the minty cucumber juice and elderflower cordial into a glass. Then top it up with soda water.
- Add cubed ice, the cucumber twists and the lime juice. Muddle the mixture together.
- Finish with a sprig of mint
Carrots are not only a favourite of Buggs Bunny, but also one of the most popular vegetables in the world! So why not also use them to create bright orange drinks?
50ml carrot juice (you can pre-buy this or make one yourself)
50ml orange juice
Topped up with prosecco
Garnish: Carrot and leafy greens (or half an orange slice if you prefer!)
- Thinly slice the carrot, or peel spirals using a peeler, and prepare the orange slice or leafy greens to garnish.
- Pour the orange and carrot juice into the champagne flute
- Top up with prosecco
- Add the garnish to finish
Brighten up your day with a warm carrot and orange mocktail. Why not.
75ml carrot juice
75ml orange juice
25ml lime juice
Topped up with sparkling (or soda) water
Garnish: lime slice, or half orange slice
- Pour the carrot juice, orange juice and lime juice over ice, then mix together in the glass
- Top up with sparkling (or soda) water
- Add more ice (if needed), then finish off with the lime or orange slice
*It should go without saying really but: please don't be a fool - drink responsibly!